Are you looking for how to make money as a student in Nigeria? Then this article is definitely for you. This post will guide you and show you the ways by which you can make money as a student in Nigeria.
Advantages and disadvantages of work during study
- The students gains a lot of experience by the time he/she graduates.
- If you manage to get a job related to a field you are interested in, you will have some understanding of the area before looking for a full time job there afterwards.
- Young people who worked while studying take money seriously because they know how hard it is to earn it.
- Problems with the studies. Often it is relegated to the background.
- Overwork. This can cause fatigue.
- Employers and teachers demand your full attention. So one has to make a choice or to look for a vacancy where the schedule is freer.
When you ask yourself “What can I do to make money in Nigeria?” you have to analyze the possibilities and weigh all the pros and cons.
Ways to make money in Nigeria for students
Let us list the main ways of earning money and briefly characterize each of them.
Offline work for students
- Ad distribution: It’s not a complicated job, but you will have to move around a lot. You need to also learn where to place promotional materials.
- Conducting marketing researches: The essence is to visit the shops belonging to different trading networks and conduct research
- Store assistant: It is most advantageous to work in shops where they sell household appliances. Girls may become the employees at clothing or jewelry stores.
- Rendering services of a tutor: You have to know the subject well and be able to transfer your knowledge to others and to be understood.
- Services on writing course papers, abstracts, qualifying works: It is worth noting that the earnings are high but not stable but there is a lot of competition.
- Providing courier services: This activity is in demand. Many large companies constantly need courier services. To work successfully you need to be well-oriented with the city and have good communication skills.
- Laboratory assistant at a department of the university: An excellent option for employment. You’ll earn a little but the experience is priceless. This kind of work allows you to attract the attention of teachers. This is a good investment for the future.
- Taxi service: This can be an evening activity for students. You can work the night shifts. But at the same time, consider that you still have to go to the university after work.
- Cashier in fast food restaurants: It is possible to work and enjoy a flexible schedule. Career growth is even possible. For this type of work, you need to have restraint and an ability to deal with stressful situations.
Online jobs for students in Nigeria
How to make money online in Nigeria fast.
What options are available? Find out the answers to these questions below:
Remote work as a PC operator: Quite a convenient job. You only need to ensure silence and the use of a headset during operation. You can receive or make outgoing calls, depending on the employer.
Writing articles on different topics: Otherwise, this can also be called copy-writing. If you have good literacy and knowledge of English, this job is for you. The profit will depend not only on the executed volume but also on the quality of the material. The more literate and interesting you write-up, the more you earn. Many customers are ready to forgive the failure to meet the workload, but illiteracy and missed deadlines – no way.
Writing computer programs: If you good with informatics, then consider becoming a programmer! Even those who just started in this direction can earn a decent amount of money through part-time employment. We can say that this market is a real gold mine for good specialists.
Earning on social media: Yes, you can make money with the help of social networks. You can create an account and get several thousands of active subscribers. You can then offer paid placement of ads for a fee.
Create your own website or blog: What do you need? To identify your audience and topics. You can earn money only if you but you have to know how to get your audience. You must also have an interest and abilities in writing. In general, earning on the Internet without investments is quite possible for a student.
How not to have problems with the law and not to be left without a penny in your pocket The opportunities for earnings are inexhaustible.
Other earning options that should be avoided are:
Sending spam messages: You will not get big money, but problems with the law are quite possible.
Financial pyramids: Some people can assure you that this is the easiest way of making money in Nigeria. Do not do it. You will lose all your money!
Do not play on online casinos and slot machines: You may lose more than you’ll win.
Do not risk your reputation by working on resources that violate the law: A name can be changed but the stain on the name and reputation will remain for a long time.
Make sure you get all the information you need before you commit yourself.
Find online resources, study forums, and talk to different people in different communities in order to get the idea of the reliability and seriousness of the work.
Be very careful to avoid doing anything foolish.
Remember: Your income should not gotten through deception. You will be exposed sooner or later and the consequences can be deplorable. Nobody will give you a magic pill to make you reach in one minute.
You have to work hard: get experience, make mistakes and correct them. This is the right way to achieve your goals. The choice of work should be taken seriously, not only to make money but also for self-realization.
This is especially important for creative people who think outside the box. We hope that everyone found the answer to the question of how and where a student may earn money. Energetic and promising people will always find suitable activities. And the pleasure from work is obtained only when you enjoy what you do.